Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day Twenty-Four


\

::Insert trying-to-be-insightful paragraph here and then expand on it whilst revealing what I've learned about life and the choices I make within it::

Except not really, because I'm exhausted and I've got to be up crazy early tomorrow to do homework and laundry before I head back to school. Gonna be a short one, you guys. 
  • Show two people how much they mean to me
(1). Spent the evening with a Miss Kristin so we could have dinner together and talk through some stuff. Adore this girl. 





(2). Spent some more time with my aforementioned-awesome-and-vulgar mother. 

Help out a stranger

Didn't get to this one today. I severely underestimate how much my social life diminishes when I don't have my car. 
  • Live instead of sleeping thinking
Going to be honest here, I don't think I used my brain once since I woke up this morning. It was a go-with-the-flow kind of day, and I sort of just agreed to doing whatever came at me. 
  • Do something good for myself, by myself
Started off the morning with some tea and a book at the kitchen table. Hands down my favorite room in the house. There's windows everywhere and I feel like I'm in a fishbowl. 




  • Write here and write elsewhere
Yes and yes. Freewrote for about an hour this morning--just opened up a blank document and rolled with it--and I was surprised how effortless it ended up being. Since I started taking formal writing classes in college, I stopped being able to do that for a bit. I guess I was getting so caught up with rules and rhetoric and boundaries that I forgot how unnecessary they can be when you're trying to move forward. 

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got." Albert Einstein 
  • Make a conscious decision to leave my comfort zone
Stayed pretty firmly rooted in my comfort zone today. Think this is the most I've ever missed since starting this challenge. You know. Except for those couple weeks right smack in the middle where I straight-up just didn't update. 
  • Take three pictures of three beautiful things.
(1). See above.
(2). See above.
(3). See this teddy bear (Flakes) that was Kristin's favorite while she was growing up. I feel like someone's childhood toy says a whole lot about the type of person they are. Kind of how no one's surprised when they find out that I'd bitten the face off my baby doll and carried her around afterwards. 




Meditate

Decided to try something different and do short five-minute intervals three separate times throughout the day. Not that today was particularly stressful, but it helped, and I know I'll need this technique when I get back to school tomorrow and find out just how much homework I've blatantly ignored. 
  • Look up at the sky 
Really, really nice out today, but the wind cut right through. Couldn't handle it for more than ten minutes. Tomorrow's another day. 

\

No comments:

Post a Comment